Thursday, April 19, 2012

Looking Back

The thing that I think I have most come to realize through working with Boys and Girls Town is how vital and important family is. Each time you see these kids who, very often through no fault of their own, find themselves in this place where they are separated from their family. Their parents for whatever reason have put themselves in a situation where they are incapable of taking care of their child. This can create a situation where the child feels abandoned and alone because suddenly they no longer have any dependable family in their life. I cannot imagine what that feeling is like but I do know how important the workers are that give their time to these cottages. These people really do have a positive impact on the lives of these kids and help show them what it means to grow up and become a man. My time with Boys and Girls Town has been a reminder of how important the family unit is and also reminded me to always appreciate it and never take it for granted.


Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment