Sunday, March 25, 2012

Learning to Communicate

In our Summit class in February we learned about communicating with others and how to effectively address issues that we might face while working together as a group. I thought it was very interesting to learn and see how other people approached conflict and dealt with problems. After taking a survey I found that I was in the "Turtle" group which was the type of person that tends to internalize their conflicts with others rather than talk about them. I felt that this really described me and the discussion we had helped me realize that this is an important part of my personality that could use a little work/development. Fortunately, our Summit group tends to get along really well so we haven't had to really deal with any significant conflicts. Still, I know that it is important that I continue to learn how to convey my opinions and disagreements with others so that we can all achieve our common goal in the best way possible.

Jordan Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment