Monday, March 26, 2012

Learning to Effectively Communicate

I learned that many factors go in to good communication between groups members.  Everyone must play their fair share in communicating so that we all can understand what is going on. I feel that strong communication skills are a necessity for our group to work well together, and to work well with others.  As long as we are open about our feelings and open to understanding others, we should have few problems within our group. I feel that I am good at listening to others and taking there opinions into consideration.  My greatest weakness is that I do not always confront people about situations that I am uncomfortable with.  Throughout the year our summit group has hardly had any issues, but one thing that we could improve is how we coordinate with each other regarding our duties for our project.  Sometimes we don't all know the plan regarding what we are doing with the kids until a night or two before we go.  Perhaps if we communicated better beforehand, we would all be up to speed and ready to go. 


Will Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment