Saturday, May 5, 2012

Final Thoughts

Well, the end of the year is here at last. After 9 months of servicing the community of Springfield and gaining valuable experience as a both a leader and a member of a team, I can safely say that I have come away from it all with a new outlook on multiple things.  I have a new found respect for the boys in Jones cottage at Boys and Girls Town, I have greater confidence in my leadership abilities, and I have improved my problem solving skills by completing a project with a team that I had to live with (which was definitely a challenge, at times).  I would like to think that apart from these successes, our group has been a positive influence on those boys that may or may not have had many of such influences in their lives.  Whether the time spent with these young men was life-changing or not, the laughs that we shared will always stand as proof of success in my memories.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment