Sunday, May 6, 2012

Reminiscing

Working with the kids at the Boys and Girls Town has been a rewarding experience.  It has been amazing to see how the kids grow as people over the course of a year, and how our presence as well as other volunteers affects them in a positive manner.  Not only was this experience rewarding for me to see how the kids changed, but it was also a beneficial experience for me.  I learned how to work well with children and with other volunteers.  As the community contact, I also learned how to contact the organization and coordinate events, which will be a helpful skill in the future.  The most rewarding part of this year was seeing how I changed.  At the beginning of the year I was quite shy and reserved when it came to meeting new people.  However, that quickly changed over the course of the fall semester because of how friendly the people were that I met; meeting people that were so welcoming helped me to be more confident in similar situations in the future.  I am very glad that I was able to be a part of such a meaningful service project here in the community.






Will

No comments:

Post a Comment