Sunday, May 6, 2012

Learning about Boys and Girls Town

Over the course of the school year, I have grown to learn many things about the community of Springfield and the surrounding area through our group service project at the Boy's and Girls Town. As a college student, I was not often exposed to the issues that exist within the community until I was given a first hand experience at the Boy's and Girls Town.  The Boy's and Girls Town is a program that is built to help children through difficult situations in their home lives and in some situations with foster care children.  The most important thing that I learned is that these kids are no different than any other children.  They have endured things that I have never had to experience, but in the end, they are still kids who want to act and play like kids should.  I realized that the best thing for the children that I could do to help was to be a positive role model, and just to give them attention.  It was amazing to see how our Summit group affected the children and left a positive lasting impression.  

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment